Monday, June 18, 2012

Gift Idea- Kraft Blok


Neat idea! I saw Kraft Bloks and got so many ideas just looking at them. They are glass blocks that come in a variety of sizes. I thought of using them in different ways and they can be found at most craft stores. I tried a few different things, having bought 3. This is the medium block. I used Aleene's craft glue and placed it on the bottom. I found "grass" in the models section of the craft store. With long tweezers I the placed the grass. I found cute little paper flowers and added a little craft glue and put on the grass. I used Modge Podge and found pictures of my daughters. Placing a little of the modge podge on the front of the pictures with a little sponge brush. Then placed the pictures on the back of the glass. Once done I put a thin layer of modge podge over the back of the glass to seal all of the pictures in. 3D stickers complete the look.



This is a picture of one I made for my father in law. I used play dough for the river.. bought the fishing gear in the miniature section and the grass is in the model section. I bought sky scrapbook paper and used modge podge to glue onto the back of the blok... 3d stickers complete the project.



The one above is the one I made for my mother in law. I developed different pictures of all her "rally babies" grandkids. I placed the "grass" I purchased in the Models section of the craft store.  I glued it down. I then glued the two pictures to the inside of the back. I then glued the kids each to a straw shortened down. I put glue on the open end of the straw and placed down into the grass. I purchased foam fingers and other stickers for the outside. I found a mini bat, ball and glove inside. On the back of the blok I placed modge podge onto the glass, placed the baseball scrap page down and put more modge podge on the back. 



I am going to do an Alice In Wonderland inspired one next. Again with grass, I will make a tree to put in one corner. I am doing a picture of my eldest daughter who is 9 sitting down reading a book. My daughter Ashley will be Alice and my 2 year old Scarlett will be the White Rabbit. Will also do a little dark hole out of black felt maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment